About Sollers Consulting:
Sollers Consulting is more than a consultancy and software integrator. As a company founded in 2000, our mission has been to transform the financial & insurance industries by helping them adapt to new technologies.
The power of collaboration and the limitless potential of Sollers people are at the root of our success. We strive to be the best at what we do, both in the eyes of our team and our customers. We put people at the heart of every project.
Join us and make Sollers be driven by… you!
About Data Competency at Sollers:
Versatility is the keyword when it comes to what we do in IT. Data Competency is one of our initiatives to support digital transformation of financial sector, enabling our customers to become truly data-driven companies. Our mission is to ensure capabilities to address financial sector data-related needs.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and optimising our clients' data pipelines and data flows. You will work on various data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery. You are the ideal candidate if you have experience in data warehousing and data wrangling. If you enjoy building data systems from scratch and modifying existing ones, you will have the opportunity to do so at Sollers.
About the role. You will:
• Own and co-create the vision of Data Competency at Sollers.
• Build Data Competency from the technological side.
• Act as a sparring partner for our business and IT team.
• Challenge and support digital transformation.
• Design logical and physical models using formal techniques and design patterns.
• Advise on the use of appropriate methodologies and technologies.
• Design comprehensive data architectures addressing clients’ needs.
• Conduct Technology PoC's for new solutions in the area of data.
• articipate in presales and then oversee the implementation of proposed ideas.
• Work directly with our clients as an active member of an agile project team.
About the skills and tools. You will use:
• Data architecture, data modeling, design patterns;
• RDBMS and NoSQL databases;
• DataOps, ETL technologies;
• Real-time data streaming, Spark, Airflow, Kafka;
• OLTP, OLAP, DWH, data lakes;
• BI & predictive analytics; AI/ML;
• Python, Java, Scala, R.
About the requirements. You need:
• 7+ years of commercial experience in the Data area.
• Experience in a leading role in data projects, preferably within the insurance/financial sector.
• Knowledge of the technological standard in the area of data, including open source technologies.
• Practical, deep knowledge of selected technologies in the areas of data integrations, MDM, data analytics, AI, and/or data-driven process automation.
• Very good English skills, at a minimum of C1 level.
• Good understanding of software engineering.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• Availability to work full time.
• Ability to work in the European Union.
About the wishes. Nice to haves:
• Experience with data streaming.
• Understanding of lambda and/or kappa architecture.
• Understanding of data lake and/or data mesh concepts.
• Knowledge of insurtechs in the data area.
• Experience in software bidding processes.
• Fluency in German or French.
• Experience in consulting.
• Work experience in Agile (Scrum) methodology.
About our promises. We can offer:
• Flexible working hours and a hybrid home office model (2-3 times per week in the office) as work-life balance is crucial at Sollers.
• A chance to be promoted twice a year and a clearly defined career path with salary forecast.
• Opportunities for growth with a training budget that you can use for courses and conferences. We also provide access to an online training platform and co-fund language classes.
• An internal coach to guide you through the onboarding, further training and career opportunities, plus a budget to be used for your lunches together.
• A chance to #domore for the planet and the community as part of Sollers Change Makers - our volunteering program.
• Lots of teambuilding activities, trips, hobby groups and cultural events to create a company powered by teamwork.
• Probably all the benefits you can think of!