Whoever says that software development is a mundane and solitary job has obviously never worked at Sollers. Development is just a beginning of a fascinating journey where we get familiar with business, processes, and architecture. That journey might take you to Barcelona or Tokyo; Melbourne or Paris; Cologne or London. The sheer number of projects and customers we have worked with remotely and on-site, guarantees that you will never be bored, you will be on a constant learning curve, and get to show off your skills.
About Sollers Consulting
We are a Team of over 900 professionals who build the Digital Future for the world’s largest insurance, banking and leasing organisations. Our history of business advisory and software implementation goes back to the year 2000. Sollers Consulting’s roots are in Europe, but the company’s footprint is visible around the world.
As an international company with offices & projects around the world and Sollers of 20+ nationalities, we thrive in our multi-culture. We guarantee you will feel like you belong here, whether you are from Malaysia, the West, the East or another hemisphere.
Speaking of skills, it is quite likely that, at some point, you will be using the following tools and technologies
• Java or Gosu
• Git, Jenkins, and similar
• SOAP, REST
• Oracle, MSSQL, H2
• ..and more depending on the project
How exactly will you be applying all your skills and talents?
• Implementing and customizing core insurance systems such as Guidewire, Salesforce, Insicon or INSIS
• Developing our own systems as a part of internal R&D team
• Designing IT solutions and preparing the documentation
• Creating unit tests
• Cooperating directly with our clients as an active member of an agile project team
Do you feel like it’s something right up your alley? Let’s see if you have what it takes! And what it takes is:
• Min. 1 year of commercial experience as a Java developer
• Good understanding of OOP, design patterns, clean code and best practices
• Understanding of software engineering
• Good English (min. B1/B2) and communication skills
• Full-time job availability
• Ability to work in Malaysia
You will totally impress us if, on top of all of the above, you have any of the below:
• Awareness of the software development best practices
• Willingness to learn new technologies and solutions
• Teamwork skills and experience
• Understanding of design patterns
• Command of Japanese
• Any of the following: Web services (REST/SOAP), Microservices, JMS knowledge, Spring, or any similar hands-on experience
We offer you:
• Work-life balance: flexible working hours and a hybrid home office model (2-3 times per week in the office).
• Semi-annual evaluation meetings and a clearly defined career path and salary forecast.
• An internal coach to guide you through the onboarding and further training and career opportunities.
• A training budget for personal development after completing the onboarding period.
• An open and casual company culture filled with internal events.
• The opportunity to quickly develop professionally on projects in Europe and all over the world.