About Sollers Consulting:
Sollers Consulting is more than a consultancy and software integrator. As a company founded in 2000, our mission has been to transform the financial & insurance industries by helping them adapt to new technologies.
The power of collaboration and the limitless potential of Sollers people are at the root of our success. We strive to be the best at what we do, both in the eyes of our team and our customers. We put people at the heart of every project.
Join us and make Sollers be driven by… you!
About Software Development at Sollers:
Versatility is the keyword when it comes to what we do in IT. Development is just the beginning of a long journey where we get familiar with business, processes, and architecture. But at the end of the day, the result is always the same: a ready-to-use solution used by everyone around us.
As a Sollers developer, you'll have the opportunity to continuously expand your skill set, navigate complex challenges, and contribute to the creation of solutions that empower businesses and individuals alike.
About the role. You will:
• Implement and customise core insurance systems such as Guidewire, Salesforce, TIA or INSIS.
• Develop our own systems as a part of the internal R&D team.
• Design IT solutions and prepare documentation.
• Create unit tests.
• Work directly with our clients as an active member of an agile project team.
About the skills and tools. You will use:
• Java or Gosu
• Git, Jenkins, and similar
• SOAP, REST
• Oracle, MSSQL, H2
• ...and more depending on the project
About the requirements. You need:
• At least 1 year of commercial experience as a software developer, preferably in Java.
• Good command of English language, at least B2/C1 level.
• Fluency in French or German (B2/C1 level at least).
• Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, clean code principles, and best practices.
• Solid understanding of software engineering concepts.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
• Availability to work full time.
• Ability to work in the European Union.
About the wishes. Nice to haves:
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a supportive yet challenging environment.
• Eagerness to learn about new technologies and solutions.
• Willingness to travel regularly.
• Any of the following: Web services (REST/SOAP), Microservices, JMS knowledge, Spring, or any similar hands-on experience.
About our promises. We can offer:
• Flexible working hours and a hybrid home office model (2-3 times per week in the office) as work-life balance is crucial at Sollers.
• A chance to be promoted twice a year and a clearly defined career path with salary forecast.
• Opportunities for growth with a training budget that you can use for courses and conferences. We also provide access to an online training platform and co-fund language classes.
• An internal coach to guide you through the onboarding, further training and career opportunities, plus a budget to be used for your lunches together.
• A chance to #domore for the planet and the community as part of Sollers Change Makers - our volunteering program.
• Lots of teambuilding activities, trips, hobby groups and cultural events to create a company powered by teamwork.
• Probably all the benefits you can think of!